swap air mass for map sensor

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

marcone

swap air mass for map sensor

Post by marcone »

Hi Has anybody tried removing air flow meter and adding map sensor for either boosted or removing for throttle bodies.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

I did not try it yet but it is 100% plausable, the diference is that map sensor output has a linear shape but air mass is curved so 1st of all you need to tune the airflow table
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
marcone

Post by marcone »

Cheers I will try let you know how I get on and if need help may ask for a little assistance
DmcL

Post by DmcL »

may not be straightforward and depending on what maps you know in the ECU your working with it may not be possible.

i was able to setup and tune a MAF conversion for my old E30 325i (had a vane type airflow meter originally) but after a few different MAF's i decided to try a MAP sensor conversion and was only able to get the car idling and free revving, however, the engne sounded off and had a slight miss every so many revolutions which i could never iron out either by tuning or by adding a small smoothing circuit to the MAP sensors output. it may well be possible but could be fairly difficult.

my line of thinking is that it would be easier to tweak the MAF setup to work with turbo/itb's or whatever your building. if you do try a MAP conversion and have any amount of success with it PM me as id be interested in hearing what car/engine/ecu and your tuning/setup.
EthosMotorsports