im a little confused

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

jaajavon

im a little confused

Post by jaajavon »

so i download tuner pro and i have my .bin file(from 1997 e36 M3 bmw OBDII) but i have been downloading random .XDF files trying to figure out differences between them. I haven't even yet got into looking at more .ADX files(using the one came from tunerpro). I some what concluded from all the googling i did, i need to make my own .xdf file. Can anyone lead me to the right direction of creating my own or can someone tell me im doing it wrong.
aboutton

Post by aboutton »

goto the download section and download the bin file and the correct xdf for that file.
xdf files are created by professionals in tuning and backward engineering and you cannot do that by yourself.
HyperBoost Tuning
Tony Ouneissy
Lebanon
jaajavon

Post by jaajavon »

they don't have any .xdf file for OBDII thats why im looking into making my own. also what is the reason i can't use the been i pulled from my own car?
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

You can use the bin you pulled from your car. But you need the correct xdf file, without it you don`t know what or where to modify.
jaajavon

Post by jaajavon »

i thought .xdf files where just different definitions which allowed you access different parts of the ecu so wouldn't that mean you can use any .bin suited for that .xdf file
evilm3666

Post by evilm3666 »

You are correct there are different stock bins for the same dme, at least for the obd1 stuff. I have some bin files for the obdII MS41.1 dme, but no xdf`s. I have the one that is floating around the net,but that I think it is for the 328I and it seams to be way different. I started working on one for the MS41.1, I found the maf table and a few other ones, but I never confirmed the tables. There are a few others that I know are working on them. It is more complex then the obd1 stuff. You can learn how but it gets a little intense. What are you trying to turbo your car or what? I can email you the bins I have if you like.
jaajavon

Post by jaajavon »

my car is stock but i do alot of track days. i just wanted to learn just in case i ever wanted change things or if friends need help with there dme. would not mind having more bins thanks its nice to have different things to compare. I really interested in this .xdf file because it seems like the common thing people cant find for OBD II