Minor Items to Improve Prductivity/Usefulness

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

toliphint

Minor Items to Improve Prductivity/Usefulness

Post by toliphint »

Magnus ----

Great program! A couple of things that would be nice to have to improve productivity/usefulness:
1. After a Ctrl-F to search, it would be nice if the focus immediately shifted to the “Word(s)” pane of the window with any text already there highlighted so one could immediately begin typing what to search for, rather than having to click the window and backspace to eliminate the current text. A nit, but a productivity enhancer for the user.
2. Similarly, when the Hex editor is displayed, it would be great if one could select an item from the Parameter Tree, or if an item has already been selected and is displayed, allow the ability to access the XDF info via F2 while the editor remains open. Then one could switch back and forth between the two. This is really needed when searching for something and all you have is the hex address. Must go from the editor to XDF window to find the right item.Now have to unload the editor to to that.

Thanks & keep up the good work!
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Thanks for the suggestions, Tom. Your first suggestion is in for the next build.

The second one is a bit more complex, though, because interacting with the main editor and the hex editor at the same time can cause confusion and accidental data overwrites. I'll put some thought into how best to alleviate such issues and will add the request to the list. (I'm just trying to set expectations, here. =)
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
toliphint

Post by toliphint »

Mangus wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, Tom. Your first suggestion is in for the next build.

The second one is a bit more complex, though, because interacting with the main editor and the hex editor at the same time can cause confusion and accidental data overwrites. I'll put some thought into how best to alleviate such issues and will add the request to the list. (I'm just trying to set expectations, here. =)
Mark --
Thanks for the reply. Regarding the hex editor, how about makiing it "read-only" anytime the focus is on the XDF window and vice versa. That will allow both to open at the same time and allow a toggle between the two, which is the real goal. As an old C programmer, I know it's not that simple -- just throwing out ideas.