Help! Can't save bin file!

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Porth83

Help! Can't save bin file!

Post by Porth83 »

Hello, I'm quite new at tuner pro. If I change a value at a table and press save, everything seems ok. But if I have a look at the table next time, there ist the old value! If I change the value in the hex editor, it works! I work on Win 7 and the xdf file is created by myself for a Golf Mk3 2L 16v.

I really need help, as my car is on the dyno and this doesn't work! I use the moates 2.0 for emulating.
Thanks for your help!
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

Check the bin size setting in the xdf header.
Could be set too small and the changes you make are out of the saved range.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Could also be that your changes in the table editor are too small (less than the resolution of the underlying data). A byte, for instance, has 256 distinct possible values. Setting it to, for instance, 125.5, would result in it being truncated to 125.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Porth83

Post by Porth83 »

Hey Guys,
The problem was the bin size in the xdf header. Thanks for your quick help! I have another question regarding emulating: Do I always have to press upload, that the changes are applied to the moates emulator? Or is it possible to go for example on 6000 rpm at the dyno and then modify the values at tunerpro an get directly the results on the dyno? Thanks!
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

No,you must always press upload.
Porth83

Post by Porth83 »

Ok,

can I do this while driving or do I have to stop, upload the new file and then start again?
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

If you "update" the emulation file is current but you still must "save" the bin to capture your changes.
You could have a changed "running bin" but your archived starting bin will be the same and unchanged.
Just have to think about what is happening as you make changes so you don't mess up.
Jp

Yea!, I actually got one right with the header idea :)
Glad I could help.
Porth83

Post by Porth83 »

Ok, so change values->save->update should be the right way!

There occured another problem: To be sure, that the bin was saved at the emulator I downloaded the bin from the emulator. If I had a look at this bin, it was different to the one I saved! And it wasn't the initial one, so something completly different. I use an active "digifant" adapter (because my std. eprom is a 87C257), is this a possible reason?
JP86SS

Post by JP86SS »

Shouldn't matter on the sequence as long as you did both the update and save.
If emulating the bin can be changed multiple times using the "update".
Then once you are finished you should save.
I don't know that chip size but if the buffer/address space is set correct it should work (I think)