BMW M60B40 chip read problems 404 dme

Discuss Bosch (Porsche, BMW, Volvo, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

getawaycarz.com

BMW M60B40 chip read problems 404 dme

Post by getawaycarz.com »

Hello everyone. I'm trying to read a chip from my 404 dme for an M60B40 1995 740 auto trans. Im using TunerPro RT and a moates burn2. I've used this burner/reader for honda's in the past but never for a BMW DME. The bin file i am retrieving is a 32kbit file. For some reason I just can't seem to pull a 64kbit file. I tried all the moates drivers from the website and tried the flash n burn program. Still no luck. If anyone has a usable bin file or any tips that would help my chip reader work, I am all ears. I've pretty much exhausted all of my leads from different forums and resources. Everything so far has led me to a dead end back where I started. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated :)
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

verify the size of the chip by removing the silver sticker. If it's a 512 chip then your burner/reader is not working correctly
getawaycarz.com

Post by getawaycarz.com »

Hello, Thanks for the response! Yes, it is definitely a 512 chip. Any suggestions on what I could try to diagnose this issue?
bmwconnect

Post by bmwconnect »

Did you try running the dedicated burn 2 software rather then tuner pro rt to read?
Bemyy

bin file

Post by Bemyy »

Hi, I have original 740_404 bin file.If you want that file send me your email by PM. :D