Making Dash in Scannerpro

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pbusanga

Making Dash in Scannerpro

Post by pbusanga »

Anybody know how to add new gauges to scannerpro..i know how to do in tunerproRT. Really wish my mefi4.adx would work in tunerproRT. Anybody know how to modify it to work ?
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

I have never tried TunerProRT, but I just downloaded it and installed it on my desktop computer. Offhand it appears to me that you create gauges pretty much the same as in ScannerPro.

I was going to try to see if I could get RT to communicate with my MEFI4a controller, so I installed it on my laptop. When I try to run it I get the error: "The procedure entry point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL". I am running XP on both computers, the desktop has SP3 while the laptop has SP1. Is this the reason RT will not run on my laptop?

Charles
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

was told by Bob at MEFIBURN that TunerproRT will not work with mefi4.adx unless is modified (not sure if he meant modify tunerpro or adx)

On my version of scannerpro i cannot add gauges to my dash there is no way to add a new item. the item box is blanked out in grey. on tunerproRT you click on the item box and list of items pops up to choose from.

this is from scannerpro site:
ScannerPro's scan engine is now encorporated into TunerPro RT Version 5. As a result, ScannerPro is no longer available for download or supported.
END QUOTE

YET my mefi4.adx works in scannerpro but not in TunerproRT version 5.

does anyone have a version of scannerpro they can email me to try as i think my version is not the full version..UNLESS it is the mefi4.adx file from MEFIBURN that is not allowing me to fully utilize scannerpro.

Anyway if anyone has full version of scannerpro i would like to try it and see if it works fully with my mefi4.adx
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

Are you trying to add a new gauge or change the item that appears in an existing gauge?

In ScannerPro if you want to change the item that appears in an existing gauge, right click on the gauge and a list of items should appear.

What version of ScannerPro do you have?

Charles
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

yes i know how to add gauges in TP RT v5 but in scannerpro when i try add item the item box is blanked out and no choices appear to choose which item i want to assign the new gauge to.

I want to create new analogue gauges not right click on the analogue gauge which is in scannerpro already
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

cbernhardt wrote:Are you trying to add a new gauge or change the item that appears in an existing gauge?

In ScannerPro if you want to change the item that appears in an existing gauge, right click on the gauge and a list of items should appear.

What version of ScannerPro do you have?

Charles
I have version 0.05.0574.00
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

pbusanga wrote:yes i know how to add gauges in TP RT v5 but in scannerpro when i try add item the item box is blanked out and no choices appear to choose which item i want to assign the new gauge to.

I want to create new analogue gauges not right click on the analogue gauge which is in scannerpro already
You obviously HAVE NOT read that thread then.

It is for Scanner Pro...

*sigh*
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

Six_Shooter wrote:
pbusanga wrote:yes i know how to add gauges in TP RT v5 but in scannerpro when i try add item the item box is blanked out and no choices appear to choose which item i want to assign the new gauge to.

You obviously HAVE NOT read that thread then.

It is for Scanner Pro...

*sigh*
oops! did start reading it and thought it was for TP my bad !

at office now will try again this evening. Difference between SP and TP seems only to be the fact that on TP you can add ITEMS directly using the ITEM... box in ADX EDIT MODE Clicking that brings up the list of ITEMS you can choose from to enter into the ITEM cell for the new DASH.

My understanding for SC (will try when i get home) is that you create generic DASH then go to DASH tab in main window and right click and select which ITEM/VALUE you want that gauge to read..
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

ok all sorted ! DASH working fine..was my bad, didnt understand the process correctly in scannerpro...live and learn thats what forums all about :)

thanks to all who helped and pointed me in right direction