Scannerpro (NOT TunerproRT) data jumping with mefi4

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pbusanga

Scannerpro (NOT TunerproRT) data jumping with mefi4

Post by pbusanga »

I asked this in another thread but realized i said data was jumping in TunerproRT, i confused myself, data is jumping in scannerpro and NOT connecting at all with V5 TunerproRT. Sorry for confusion, too many late nights.

Am using MEFIBURN SCAN software and mefi4.adx defenition

data is jumping all over place even though it says connection is successful and ALDL is connected.

Also giving spurious results like 16 cylinder instead of 8 and 64000 rmp etc. Numbers are flashing very rapidly.
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

Make sure that you do not have the cable routed near the distributor or any of the spark plug wires.

Are you using a true serial cable or the USB cable from MEFIBurn?
If you are using the MEFIBurn USB cable, did you install their driver?
If you are using a true serial cable does your computer have a true serial port or are you using a USB to serial device?

Charles
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

cbernhardt wrote:Make sure that you do not have the cable routed near the distributor or any of the spark plug wires.

Are you using a true serial cable or the USB cable from MEFIBurn?
If you are using the MEFIBurn USB cable, did you install their driver?
If you are using a true serial cable does your computer have a true serial port or are you using a USB to serial device?

Charles
cable is not routed near any cables, spark plugs or distributor (i cross checked that it was not getting interference)

I am using the USB cable from MEFIBURN and i installed their driver from the supplied CD (maybe i should re install ?)
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

i think i have found problem..

i edited the dash and added some new calculated values (oil pressure etc) but i used TP to do the editing. When i use this adx file in scannerpro it causes the erratic behaviour.

NOW if i do the exact same editing to the dash and values but using scannerpro to do the editing instead of TP the data is not erratic.

The moment i use the adx modified in TP in scannerpro data goes erratic again.

very odd considering that scannerpro is incorporated in TP
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Yeah, a TunerPro ADX file is definitely not compatible with ScannerPro, so that would certainly cause problems.

TunerPro ADX files have evolved well beyond what they were in ScannerPro, and since ScannerPro hasn't been touched in a few years, there's just no telling what could go wrong when you go from TunerPro back to ScannerPro.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am