Run fuel pumps with Tunerpro RT

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

pbusanga

Run fuel pumps with Tunerpro RT

Post by pbusanga »

How do you run fuel pumps with TP, my EFI diagnostic manual for MEFI4 says to use scan tool to run fuel pumps for a leakdown test. Dont know how to get TP to run pumps ??
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

anybody ?
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

I think the scan tool the manual is referring to is one of the commercial shop tools, not the DTC tool or any of the programs that you have. At least that is how I interpret it in my MEFI4a manual.

Charles
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

yes is referring to commercial scan tool, just thought Tunerpro may have function to or way to operate fuel pumps etc.

I bought the MEFIBURN scan program thinking it would do all that the scan tools do and more (not talking about tuning chips of course) but seems there are some limitations i was not aware of..
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

To really tune your engine you need the TunerPro definitions and the MEFIBurn program.

Charles
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

If it was me, I would just power the fuel pump using the prime port or jumper in the relay socket, much easier than plugging in a computer to do such a simple task.
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

Six_Shooter wrote:If it was me, I would just power the fuel pump using the prime port or jumper in the relay socket, much easier than plugging in a computer to do such a simple task.
yes! good suggestion ! just thought there was simple way to activate from poot as i would have it plugged in anyway for diagnostic purposes
robertisaar
Author of Defs

Post by robertisaar »

if some other diagnostic tool can do it, tunerpro can as well.... if you know the commands to do so.
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

robertisaar wrote:if some other diagnostic tool can do it, tunerpro can as well.... if you know the commands to do so.
this is what i thought...anybody know the commands for mefi4.adx to run fuel pump ?
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

pbusanga wrote:
robertisaar wrote:if some other diagnostic tool can do it, tunerpro can as well.... if you know the commands to do so.
this is what i thought...anybody know the commands for mefi4.adx to run fuel pump ?
From your previous posts I was under the impression that you have only the ScannerPro definitions (ADX file) for your MEFI4 engine. I have the full set of program definition files from OBD Diagnostics for my MEFI4a engine.

It is my understanding that the ADX file is for use with ScannerPro (I have ver. 5.0574) and with it you can only scan the engine operating parameters. As far as I know ScannerPro cannot be used to write anything to the controller.

The XDF file furnished by OBD Diagnostics is for use for TunerPro ver. 4 and can be used only for modifying the BIN file. The BIN file must be loaded on your computer.

The other program furnished by OBD Diagnostics is MEFIBurn which allows you to upload/download the tune (BIN file) to the MEFI controller.

So the sequence for tuning with this software would be:

1. Use MEFIBurn to download the BIN file from the MEFI4 controller.

2. Use ScannerPro to create a log file. Replay the log file with Scanner Pro and determine what changes need to be made.

3. Use TunerPro to change the parameters in the BIN file.

4. Use MEFIBurn to write the BIN file back to the MEFI controller.

5. Go back to step 2
Six_Shooter

Post by Six_Shooter »

Tuner Pro V5 uses ADX files, though they are slightly different than the Scanner Pro ADX files, due to some newer implemented features used in Tuner Pro.
pbusanga

Post by pbusanga »

ok understood. I have only the mefi4.adx file from MEFIBURN as i only wanted to scan for engine faults not modify engine.

So this adx file will not work with tunerpro RT v5 ? and i have to use scannerpro ?
cbernhardt

Post by cbernhardt »

I have never tried TunerPro V5, but I would assume that it would require that you have the command syntax for the particular ECU in order to communicate with it. As far as I know this information is not available (at least not in the public domain ) for the MEFI ECUs. Also I believe most of the MEFI ECUs are password protected and would require that you have the password in order to read them.

Charles