ALDL 8192 problem

Report bugs found in TunerPro. Please be sure to include as much info as possible, including system specs, OS, repro steps and TunerPro version number.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

LittleNo

ALDL 8192 problem

Post by LittleNo »

trying to read the 8192 stream of a 6.5L diesel van, i always get the error message "serial port errer - could not initialize port"

but with the port and the moates cable, everything is okay, ALDL 160 communications work fine, only with the 8192 i get this message

i have this problem now on two different laptops - sometimes it helps to load a BIN file before datalogging - but at the moment i have no chance to get it working

maybe i did a mistake in the ads file - here it is: http://www.lnoperformance.de/files/ads/ ... Diesel.ads
(but i don't think so, cause the problem even happens with the "classic" 1227165 ECM and it's definition)
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

Hmm, it's strange that you'd only see it with 8192. This typically indicates that the port selected either doesn't exist or is already open (in which case TunerPro cannot open it a second time).

I'm a little confused as to what could cause this other than you having two programs that utilize the port open at the same time.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
LittleNo

Post by LittleNo »

hmm, so what can i do? i tried it on an other laptop to verify theres no other program which is using the COM port.

but why does the ALDL 160 mode work?

it wouldn't be the first time, that the german windows version is the reason for such problems, since there are some differences to the US version (like . and , are interchanged)

i'm going to play a bit with some different ECMs on my desk to find out when it works and when not - but any suggestions from you would be fine
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I'm not really sure. Perhaps you can try setting your locale to the US and try again?
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
LittleNo

Post by LittleNo »

okay, my laptop was the culprit - i don't know why, but with my girlfriends laptop it works ...