User definable buttons for realtime tuning ?

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Sammy

User definable buttons for realtime tuning ?

Post by Sammy »

recently i have been doing alot of realtime tuning and i have found that there doesn't seem to be an option to allow you to increase/decrease the value of an item in a table in realtime.

Now i guess there are a few parts to this:

1. alot of laptops like mine don't have a seperate number keypad, so as a result i can't use the + / - buttons to change values in a table for example. So is it possible to have these in the keyboard mapping section so for example i could use A / Z buttons etc.

2. i don't know if its possible to have the above buttons update each time you press them (when emulating) but even if thats not possible even just having the update button tied to a shortcut key would make things easier ?

And lastly is it possible to have anything like this that updates the bubble location when tracing ? this would be the ultimate but i expect it might be far more complex than just having a few keyboard mappings.
JP86SS

Table adjust

Post by JP86SS »

If you are in the graph view you can grab points to adjust on the fly.
The "F7" window gives you sliders to adjust constants too.

If that is not working, check your preferences settings in the Data aquistion tab (in Prefs) and select "Real time graph and slider Changes".
HTH
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

no i don't want to make changes in the 3d graph i want to make changes in the table behind it!
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

they really arn't anything near what i was after, i really just want buttons to be available to use to increase/decrease a value in a table, which normally +/- works for this but i was hoping it could be made so you can define what key actually does it so on my laptop that doesn't have a keypad i can assign other buttons to do the same job.
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

I didn't realize that inc/dec weren't in the assignable keyboard shortcut list. I'll add them. I'll consider adding a "save current editor" command as well.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

thanks mangus, your a champion!
hnracing

Post by hnracing »

Thanks for the shortcut possibility of the inc & dec function.
Is it possible to be able to also make a shortcut for the "Commit changes".
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

yeah i agree that would be a nice feature!
vl400

Post by vl400 »

Is there any update to a "commit changes" shortcut? Would be a very handy addition for RT tuning :D
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

vl400 wrote:Is there any update to a "commit changes" shortcut? Would be a very handy addition for RT tuning :D
I've added this for the next build. By default, Ctrl + Shift + S will commit the active editor's changes. You can change the assignment in the keyboard shortcut preferences.
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am