Compare defs.

Submit feature suggestions for future versions of TunerPro here.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Six_Shooter

Compare defs.

Post by Six_Shooter »

Just an idea that I thought would be useful, would be to have a compare function for the XDFs and ADXs. This way, it would be easy to find differences between these files to make sure you have the most complete file, or even see the differing names between same parameters that people use when making them.

Something as simple as comparing the addresses and displaying names from each XDF/ADX would be useful to me.
dfddfd2

Post by dfddfd2 »

I've been using http://winmerge.org/ pretty successfully. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than nothing.

Cheers,
Dave
EagleMark

Re: Compare defs.

Post by EagleMark »

Six_Shooter wrote:Just an idea that I thought would be useful, would be to have a compare function for the XDFs and ADXs. This way, it would be easy to find differences between these files to make sure you have the most complete file, or even see the differing names between same parameters that people use when making them.

Something as simple as comparing the addresses and displaying names from each XDF/ADX would be useful to me.
That would be huge! Being able to compare and put together 2 files.

Not to mention the 3 hours i wasted doing this with same name files that were 2 differant masks... :oops:
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
yoda69

Post by yoda69 »

Sounds good to me, I suggested this nearly 2 years ago but there was no interest at the time. :cry:
http://tunerpro.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2063
The same still applies.
Now the copy/paste xdf parameters is working I was wondering if it would be possible to make an XDF compare feature. I sometimes have several xdf's that I've come across for the same mask, and all are slightly different, or one has a few extra or less parameters than another.
Given that everybody calls the tables different things, I was wondering if it would be possible to create a compare based on table/scalar/flag location that would for example show table location, size, name, conversion formaula. This would hopefully make it easier to consolidate a number of these xdf's into one complete one, without having to go through line by line trying to identify differences.