Need help with '85 Corvette ads

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

caboboy

Need help with '85 Corvette ads

Post by caboboy »

Using T/P version4; I've located three ads files from both the T/P website and the Moates website, but they're pretty limited. The biggest problem I'm having is finding a spark advance table in the editor...........am I doing something wrong?

The three ads files I found are: A20.ads, 1226870_85_updated.ads, and 1226870_85_updated[1].ads

Thanks!
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

ads file is for data logging. You need the xdf file to find timing table in bin.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... rmation-1F
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
caboboy

Post by caboboy »

Thanks EagleMark, I'm probably describing my question wrong because I'm so inexperienced with computers. :oops: Let me try it again.........

None of the ads files I can find for an 85 Corvette have a spark advance table, how can I get that to show up on a datalog?
EagleMark

Post by EagleMark »

Unless it's in the ALDL data stream from bin file you can't. Unless you re write your bin file to include that information in ALDL output.

I looked at A20.ds file and it has a bit for it but says
21 UNLIMITED SPARK ADVANCE Not used !

Now if you set up Data Tracing in your XDF and ADX file, you would use engine speed and map kpa if that is what the x and y axis is in your spark table. Then while data logging or playing back recorded data it will have a bubble dance around the Main Spark avance table open in your XDF file!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... Pro-How-To
1990 Chevy Suburban
1994 Buick RoadMaSSter Estate Wagon LT1.
1972 IH 1210 Isky Cammed Balenced 345 TBI

GearHead-EFI.com EFI Conversions and Chip Tuners!
caboboy

Post by caboboy »

Thanks EagleMark, good info! BTW, kudos to you on GearHead EFI, I just found it and joined........what an amazing job you've done there. Thanks for all you do!